Tuesday 11 September 2012

Research and Planning: Photoshop Challenge

As my fourth try at Photoshop, we were presented with a 'Photoshop Challenge'. There was a list of challenges that we were to complete. The first one was to open up an A4 document, which was simple as 'File' and 'New...' were not new functions to me. The next thing we were asked to do was to create text that says 'As Media Studies' in a Century Gothic size 24 font. This, again, was simple as I am used to these kind of functions from years of using Microsoft Word. I then had to change the colour to red by highlighting the text, and choosing the colour that I wanted. I was then asked to move the text to the middle of the page. I then had to change the colour of the background. By doing this, I used a tool at the bottom of the layers box called 'Adjust Layer', then I chose 'Solid Colour' and I was asked to change it to blue, so I did. After this we were asked to highlight the text and give it a drop shadow. I did this by again highlighting the text and then chose 'Layer' and then 'Layer Style' and then chose the Drop Shadow tool. I was then asked to find a picture on the Internet, which I did and then drag it into the image underneath the text. After, I was asked to change his hair colour. After the other Photoshop Challenge of adjusting the girl, I had already changed someones hair so I used the same tools as I did on the other one, the pen tool with a low Opacity. The last thing I was asked to do was to add a border, I did this by using the 'Stroke' tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment