Tuesday 18 September 2012

Research and Planning: College Magazine Drafts

 Before the creation of my College Magazine I had to make sure that I knew what I was creating and wouldn't mess up the final piece, also these were the pieces that I was showing my audience who I was interviewing.
I made sure that I was going to stick to the three colour rule, and I decided to choose black, red and orange. However on the actual final College Magazine piece, I had to change the black to white as my image that I used on the front cover was too dark so the black Masthead did not stand out, and the Masthead is the most important part of my magazine.
For the Masthead, I created a sort of Times New Roman font, as this is a font that is associated with school and college, and therefore fits the demographic that I am aiming for. However, I wrote 'Custodian' in a different font to give the magazine a more dynamic look, and to make it look more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment