Friday 28 September 2012

Research and Planning: College Magazine Evaluation

How did I create my College Magazine?
Evaluation

I started off my creation by doing the Cover page on Photoshop. I tried to stay true to my cover page draft, however I had to move a few things around so that it all fit nicely onto the page. One of the main things that I had to change was the colour scheme, as the image that I used for the background of the cover page was very dark, therefore I had to change the Masthead font colour to white so that the viewer would be able to see what the magazine is called. I think that the colour change makes the magazine stand out more, which was a good decision. Also, I moved the cover lines to the right hand side of the cover page, as the main image of the girl was set to the left and I didn't want any font to cover over her too much. For the main image, I also stayed true to the brief, which was to have a medium close up, which means from the middle up, showing no leg. For the Contents page, I made sure that the colour scheme was the same as the Cover page, so that the whole magazine shared the same house style, making them match and look like they are from the same magazine. Also I had to go out into the college to take some pictures that were relevant and appropriate for my magazine, therefore I took pictures from the inside main hall and outside the college. I would have liked to add more stories to the Cover page, however to make up for this I added many different College related stories to the Contents page. I had to make sure that all the stories were applicable to the magazine or it would have not appealed to my audience. All in all, I think that the creation of my College Magazine went to plan, and I am pleased with the overall finish of the whole thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment