Tuesday 11 September 2012

Research and Planning: Photoshop Tutorial

For my first proper use of Photoshop, I think it went pretty well. We started off by changing the marquee tool to the Elliptical setting, to make sure that our CD was a perfect circle. Following this we proceeded to cut out the CD to place onto our musical note background. After doing this, we used the "Colour Balance" that you can find within the Filter tab, we changed the colours to whatever colour that we wanted. I chose this colour because it is my favourite. We then used the Magic Wand tool to select the background on the horn image, then proceeding to revert to make sure that only the horn was selected, we then moved that onto our background as well, arranging them both to our own tastes. Then whilst looking at the layers, we found that one was hidden, after this we pressed the little square which brought up an image of an eye, which meant that the layer was now visible. It was an image of some music notes but I decided not to use it because I thought that my CD Cover was good enough as it was. To finish it off I added my own name in a fancy calligraphy to make it look professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment