Friday 9 November 2012

Research and Planning: SLR Test Shots























 Here is a selection of my SLR Test Shots. For this task, we were asked to take one of the professional SLR Cameras, and set a short list of photographs that we were to take. The selection included: to take a selection of photographs inside and outside, with the flash on and off (However, I found that when I was outside and trying to turn on the flash, because the brightness of the daylight was enough so the flash would not come on), elements of small detail (Close ups inside the building and outside), and the last was Landscapes and Buildings, for which I took pictures of the outside of the building and inside some of the rooms. When creating my Magazine, from these test shots I have found that if I was going to take the picture inside I would take it with the flash on as you can really tell which ones had flash and which ones didn't because there is more definition in the detail and the background of the picture has a really nice blur to it which makes the foreground more defined. But, I would have to make sure that the lighting in the room is not too bright, or the pictures come out with a strange yellow tinge as you can see in the picture with the sausages, as there was a bright light right above them because they were keeping them warmed. However, if I was taking pictures outside I would only use the flash if I was to take the pictures at Night-time, because in the day the light from the sun would be enough to make the picture look defined and good. I think for my Magazine, I will try to take pictures in the day time and the night time to give the Magazine a bit more of an interesting variety.


No comments:

Post a Comment