Friday 16 November 2012

Research and Planning: Double Page Spread Development

Here we see the My Chemical Romance interview from the Music Magazine Kerrang!. I chose to base my own music magazine around this one because I really like the layout and I like the little snippet of Album Review that they have also thrown in there. I also like the fact that there are quite a few pictures on the page, it makes it more interesting instead of just having that one main focus image. The format that I will be doing in my own magazine double page spread is a story about the band on my front cover, however with quotes from the band as if I'm actually with them and talking to them. I decided this format instead of an interview questions format because with the questions you don't get much about the actual band. I also want to take inspiration from this Kerrang! Magazine and, as I drew in my Double Page spread draft, do the small album review down the right hand side of the page. I think this gives it a bit of an edge, and if I were reading a magazine I would like having the diversity of being able to read a story about the band and an interview on the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment