Wednesday 20 March 2013

Evaluation Question Six: What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


1.  Canon EOS 550D Digital SLR Camera

Before the creation of my Magazine, I had had previous experience with working a DSLR Camera as I have one of my own at home, and I have helped my sister when she had been taking a photography course. However, I had never used a Canon before and it was good to find out all the differences in DSLR cameras and I am now able to fully work a Canon DSLR. It is the perfect camera to have used for the creation of my magazine as the photographs are amazing quality and the focus was perfect on every photo.
2. Adobe Photoshop CS5 and 6  


Photoshop was one of the most important pieces of software that I have used throughout the whole creation of my magazine as it is the software that I actually created the magazine on. I have had previous experience of Photoshop in high school years, which made the working of it much easier and not a complete beginner, however I have learnt different skills on how to use Photoshop properly, to make my work look amazing. 

3. Apple's iPhoto

One of the other pieces of software I used in the creation of my music magazine was Apple's iPhoto software. It was for the uploading of my photographs from the DSLR camera, all I had to do was plug in the camera using a USB wire and iPhoto did the rest for me. There are even some nice editing features that you can use, in which I balanced the contrast and brightness of my photos.

4. Blogger

The next piece of software I used was probably the most important and the one I used the most, of course, as I am using it now! Blogger is a really good website in which I can share my posts and media work with anyone else who has a blog or is just looking around. I had never really used Blogger before coming to Hyde Clarendon but it was relatively easy to come to terms with the software and all the new features I could choose from, even going as far as to downloading the app onto my iPhone which meant I could blog while I was out somewhere, making the process much more useful. The most useful thing I learnt was probably how to embed HTML Codes and interpret them, so that my blog will show things such as my Prezi's and Slideshares, etc.

5. Prezi 

Due to past experiences with Prezi during a Creative & Media Diploma course that I did in High School, I found the software easy to use as I was comfortable with what to do and how to use it. It was a very easy programme to use for the magazine research and planning, for things such as the Publication Plan and Target Audience, producing innovative and beautiful looking slideshow presentations,

6. Flickr

Flickr is one of the other softwares which I used which allows me to upload photographs into my 'photostream' so that the world is able to view them online. I had never before been aquainted with Flickr and therefore wasn't sure how to use it, however I found it simple and easy to use, simply just uploading my photographs and writing captures for them in one of my evaluation questions.

7. Slideshare

Slideshare is an online website tool which allows you to upload your powerpoint presentations and it converts them into embed-able digital presentations in which you can flick through easily. I have never used this software before AS Media, however it was simple to use after the signing up routine. I used this for my Questionnaire Results presentation and for the Evaluation question one, as I think that it makes them easier and nicer to view than just images.


No comments:

Post a Comment