Wednesday 20 March 2013

Evaluation Question Four: Who is the audience for you Magazine? Why?




I have done a sketch and small profile of what I think would best represent my Target Audience and what they would be interested in. I think that stereotypically, women are more likely to read magazines than men, which is why my audience is a female, 17 years old to be exact. I believe she would be around this age, as I think that as women get older they want to read more real life magazines etc. 
I have drawn her with dyed hair, to show that she has a bit of a punk side, which is a type of music you can see within my magazine, and also with a long baggy top so show that she has a certain 'indie' fashion sense, the skull on the front representing the rock that she likes. She has bright pants on and lastly a sturdy pair of Doc Martens as I believe that they have come into fashion recently and it shows that my audience is up to date on fashion, but still rough around the edges.
I have also written up some of the things that I think my target audience would be interested in, obviously she would be a student as I believe my audience to be educated enough, as they are reading a magazine! I have also listed a hobby of playing the Bass guitar, as it shows that she is interested in becoming part of the Rock Music scene, and not just reading about it. I also think that my target audience will have a refined taste in rock music, as in not like all of the bands associated with Rock, but have preferences within the genre, keeping this in mind I have wrote some bands down that are within the magazine. I think that her favourite TV Shows will be dark, and have a fantasy genre, which is why I chose the programme Supernatural as it is scary at times, but has teenage humour. Lastly noting her favourite food is toast which could connote the fact that she is laid back and spends time inside, to herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment