Monday 8 October 2012

Research and Planning: Contents Page Analysis

For my Contents Page Analysis I decided to analyse Rock Sound Magazine's Contents as for the Cover Page I analysed Kerrang! Magazine, I thought I would do something different.The first thing I notice about this Contents page is that all the colours compliment each other very nicely and make the page look appealing. The next thing that appeals to me is that for the band interviews, they have used pictures of them on the right hand side and put the page number underneath as to which page the interview will be on. I think that the overall layout of the text is very neat and well thought out, putting each different story in the appropriate section, I think that doing this is a very good idea as it makes the page neater and helps the audience to find which story they want to read. I like how all of the fonts tie in nicely with the genre of the Magazine, which we can tell here with the colours etc is Rock Music, as they are distorted and Rock-y looking. This also will tie in with the Cover Page, as Rock Sound always has the same Masthead, which is a distorted Rock look.

No comments:

Post a Comment