Friday 26 October 2012

Research and Planning: Audience Interviews


The first person that I interviewed stated that she liked the magazine and suggested that the colour scheme I use is dark purple and black, as these are obvious choices that will appeal to a rock music audience, as they are stereotyped to like dark colours. She said that she thinks the name of the magazine is appropriate, and the pages look like they belong to the same magazine. She said that there were enough stories on the front page and that she had no further comments. I have gained quite a bit of information from this interviewee about the front cover of my magazine.
The next interviewee said that she liked the name of the magazine, and gave information to how much money she would be willing to pay, she said she would pay £2 so keeping this in mind I made sure that when drawing out my magazine I would make the price at £2. She said that she thought there were enough stories and interests on the front cover, like the previous interviewee and that she liked the colour scheme I told her I was going to create for it. She then said that she had no further comments "It's just good" which was a nice little comment for her to make.
The last person that I interviewed said that the colour scheme she thought was the most appropriate for the music magazine was red, blue and black, to which I agreed with her and made the necessary changes on the music magazine drafts. She then said that she liked the style of the magazine and that she thought that the name of the magazine was appropriate to its audience and that the house style was present throughout, she then said that she had no other comments.

From these interviews I have gathered the information that the colour scheme should be dark colours, with an obvious choice of black within there somewhere, that the price of the magazine should be around £2 as it is going to be a weekly magazine and therefore should not be too much money as my target audience is young women, therefore they will not be on a high salary. I also learned that my audience liked the look of my magazine so I should keep the style something like the drafts in the creation of the actual magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment